Mike Rohde talks with John, Ward, Dan, and Craig about drawing sketchnotes. What is sketchnoting? How do you balance words vs pictures in sketchnotes? What are the tools people need to get started with sketchnotes? And what about people who can't draw - can they still use sketchnoting?
Recording date: Feb 16, 2021
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Mike Rohde @rohdesign
Brought to you by
- Mike Rohde web site
- The Sketchnote Handbook
- one : Sketchnoting
- The Sketchnote Army Podcast
- Sketchnoting workshop with Mike Rohde n YouTube
- How to avoid cluttering your sketchnotes
- Example of an article with sketch note as a image header
- Sketchnote layouts
- Sketchnoting on the iPad with Procreate
- Paper by WeTransfer
- Paper mate flair pens
- Field Notes
- Moleskine books
- Baronfig tools
- How did they ever come up with that kooky Kubernetes name? Here’s the inside story
- Dario Paniagua - Metaphors
- Illusions of agreement post
- Sketchnote Mini Workshop
- SQL Server in a sketchnote
- Sketchnote Videos on Vimeo
- 02:34 Guest introduction
- 03:52 What is sketch noting?
- 10:53 Creating an organic movement
- 12:17 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 12:57 How do you attend a conference and take good notes?
- 16:55 How do you balance words vs pictures?
- 18:20 How would you use this in an Agile process?
- 24:53 How should someone start using sketch notes?
- 29:47 What about people who can't draw?
- 33:02 Should you use paper or iPad?
- 40:50 Sponsor: AG Grid
- 41:50 What tools do you recommend?
- 48:10 What will people get out of sketchnotes?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.