Building MEAN Apps with Cosmos DB
I've released a new videos series that shows how to build MEAN apps using Cosmos DB. Each video in the series will be a couple of minutes and show how each part of the application works. This next video shows how to create the app.
One of the best ways to create a MEAN app is to start with the Angular CLI to generate a starting point. We'll use this and extend it to include Node.js and Express.js, to serve our future APIs to the Angular app. Then we'll test out an API to make sure it works.
This video series explores:
- Exploring the Angular, Express, Node, and Cosmos DB app [1m 24s video]
- Building the Node.js and Express.js app, along with the Angular CLI [3m 51s video]
- Angular and Express APIs
- Creating and Deploying Cosmos DB
- Querying Cosmos DB
- POST, PUT, DELETE
- Coming Soon
Topics will include:
- Building and running the API with Node and Express
- Creating the UI with Angular and hitting the API
- Debugging the Node app with VS Code
- Creating the Cosmos DB
- Building the HTTP GET to Cosmos DB with Mongoose
- Building the HTTP POST, PUT, and DELETE to Cosmos DB
- Geo replication with Cosmos DB
Keep an eye out for the future videos that I'll be posting very soon!
You can walk through the code on GitHub here.
And here is a great walk through of migrating a Mongo DB app to Cosmos DB, in the Azure docs.