Building MEAN Apps with Cosmos DB
I've released a new video series that shows how to build MEAN apps using Cosmos DB. Each video in the series will be a couple of minutes and show how each part of the application works. The first video is out now (see below)!
I build a lot of apps with MongoDB, Express, Angular and Node (MEAN). MongoDB just works so well with these, but recently I've been using Cosmos DB on Azure in its place because it's easy to use, scale, is super fast, and I don't have to change how I code.
Cosmos DB makes it easy to step right in where I used to use Mongo, because it lets me use the same exact APIs I used with Mongo. Are you using the mongo npm module? No problem. Do you prefer mongoose? That works too. I just love that I don't have to change how I work!
This video series explores:
- Exploring the Angular, Express, Node, and Cosmos DB app [1m 24s video]
- Building the Node.js and Express.js app, along with the Angular CLI [3m 51s video]
- Angular and Express APIs
- Creating and Deploying Cosmos DB
- Querying Cosmos DB
- POST, PUT, DELETE
- Coming Soon
Topics will include:
- Building and running the API with Node and Express
- Creating the UI with Angular and hitting the API
- Debugging the Node app with VS Code
- Creating the Cosmos DB
- Building the HTTP GET to Cosmos DB with Mongoose
- Building the HTTP POST, PUT, and DELETE to Cosmos DB
- Geo replication with Cosmos DB
Keep an eye out for the future videos that I'll be posting very soon!
You can walk through the code on GitHub here.
And here is a great walk through of migrating a Mongo DB app to Cosmos DB, in the Azure docs.