William Imoh joins John, Dan, and Craig to talk about testing with Frisby.js and Joi. What are Frisby and Jest? How does Frisby make life easier? What is Postman? How do you handle authentication? How do you pass tokens or specify environment data?
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
William Imoh @iChuloo
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Frisby.js RESTful API testing
- Jasmine for testing
- Jest testing
- Postman API tool
- Insomnia API tool
- Swagger API documentation tool
- API and Usage of Frisby with Auth tokens
- Memory Maker book
- Azure Static Web Apps
- Elgato Key Light
- 02:42 Guest introduction
- 04:25 What are Frisby and Jest?
- 05:37 How does Frisby make life easier?
- 06:42 What is Postman?
- 13:29 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 14:30 Getting Joi from Frisby
- 18:50 How do you handle authentication?
- 25:41 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 26:14 How do you pass tokens or specify environment data?
- 28:08 Any frustrations with this set up?
- 31:16 How does it handle file uploads?
- 34:50 Final thoughts