While writing the upcoming Part 2 of my Pluralsight course Building Apps with Angular and Breeze, I found myself wanting to extend a constructor object with another constructor’s members. I had an object called AbstractRepository that has a set of functions (ex: getAll, queryFailed) that could be shared by many repositories. I had a LookupRepository with its own functions that are very specific to getting “lookups”. The way I settled on was to extend the AbstractRepository’s functions onto the LookupRepository by setting the prototype’s constructor. The result is that the LookupRepository gets all the functions that it has plus the AbstractRepository’s functions too. This technique is something Ward Bell and...
- Essential Angular VS Code Extensions
- Azure and Angular on DotNetRocks
- VS Code Function Keys in the MacBook Touchbar
- Learn Angular with Angular First Look, Updated for v4 !
- VS Code Extension with Azure Function Intellisense
- Configuring Azure Functions: Intellisense via JSON Schemas
- Developer Advocacy at Microsoft