The latest episode of Silverlight TV is now available on Channel 9! In this episode, Adam Kinney makes his theatrical return to Silverlight TV and claims to have filmed the best Expression Blend 3 video ever! (or at least on Silverlight TV). Adam walks through Blend and Sketchflow from the perspective of the client and through to the designer/developer using a real world scenario. This is a great demonstration of how to effectively use Blend. In this video, Adam demonstrates :
- sketching with SketchFlow
- importing images
- path conversion to elements
- sample data
- editing item templates
- data binding
- visual states
This is a great and very practical demonstration of Blend 3 from the Expression Evangelist, himself.
Links for this episode:
- http://adamkinney.com/ – Adam’s blog covering Silverlight and Expression Blend
- http://projectrosetta.com/ – includes tutorials covering a lot of the exact material we went through in the video
- http://expressionblend.codeplex.com/ – the Behaviors sample pack we talked a lot about
You can see the episode online by clicking this link or clicking the mage below:
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for the latest updates.
Silverlight TV is once again unscripted and shot in 1 take. Don’t miss this one!
Key links for Silverlight TV
Watch shows and catch the latest news in our Silverlight TV blog
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for updates, alerts for new shows, and to submit comments and feedback.
If you have not watched the previous episodes of Silverlight TV, you can catch them here.
- SL TV 11: Dynamically Loading XAPs with MEF
- SL TV 10: Silverlight Hyper Video Platform
- SL TV 9: MIX 10K Challenge
- SL TV 8: Silverlight Client for Facebook
- SL TV 7: When and Where to use MEF
- SL TV 6: Creating Customer Pre-Loaders
- SL TV 5: Using Metadata with MEF
- SL TV 4: 3 Steps to MEF – Export, Import, Compose
- SL TV 3: Multi-Touch 101 with Silverlight
- SL TV 2: Perspectives on Flash and Silverlight
- SL TV 1: The Joys of Trusted Out-of-Browser Applications in Silverlight 4