Keilla Fernandes talks with John, Ward, and Dan about service workers. What are service workers? How do you keep data fresh and in sync? What about service workers and push notifications? And how does HTTP and caching work with service workers?
Brought to you by
- Abbott & Castello "Who's on First"
- Angular Ivy
- Service Worker
- Using web workers
- Web Worker API
- Caching files with a service worker
- Navigator OnLine API for detecting network in a browser
- redux persist
- The App Shell
- Progressive Web Apps
- Debugging Tools in the browser
- Creating a service worker in Create React app
- Creating a service worker in the Vue CLI
- SapperUpdating service workers - The Service Worker lifecycle
- Google tutorial on debugging service workers in Chrome
- Mistakes Junior React Developers Make
- Get started with PWAs on Azure
- Add DevOps to a Gatsby app with PWA features
- Keilla at the DevIntersection event in Orlando April 2020
- 02:36 Guest introduction
- 03:55 What are service workers?
- 07:53 Where could people be using service workers?
- 08:46 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 09:51 How do I keep everything fresh and in sync?
- 28:33 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 29:33 Chrome Developer tools and service workers
- 31:20 Service workers and push notifications
- 32:33 Do I need to worry about service workers?
- 37:39 How does HTTP and caching work?
- 40:38 Final thoughts