Sam Artioli talks with John, Ward, and Dan about using and managing large data in the browser. Should you download the entire set each time? How does CRDT affect the issue? Can you work collaboratively? And why should or shouldn't you put everything in a store?
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Sam Artioli @SamArtioli
Brought to you by
- Start Bootstrap
- Redux principles
- 2011 Stackoverflow question on how much data is too much
- Browser storage limits
- Max size of a redux store
- Large sets of data in react and redux
- Can we store lots of data in redux?
- CRDTs: The Hard Parts by Martin Kleppmann
- Operational Transformation (OT)
- Debouncing explained
- 02:09 Guest introduction
- 03:24 What problem were you trying to solve?
- 07:02 Do you download the entire project each time?
- 14:48 What is CRDT?
- 17:57 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 19:03 Breaking your browser
- 22:34 Is it collaborative?
- 25:59 The clone wars
- 36:15 Sponsor: IdeaBlade
- 37:20 Why put everything in a store?
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.