Tim Neutkens talks with John Papa about Next.js and Vercel. What is Next.js? What is Vercel? And what is the relationship between Vercel and Next.js? They also talk about advice for getting started with Vercel, when you should use Vercel and when you shouldn't, and what Vercel runs on.
Recording date: Oct 29, 2020
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Tim Neutkens @timneutkens
Brought to you by
Actionable error, crash and performance monitoring. Raygun gives you visibility into how users are really experiencing your software. Detect, diagnose and resolve issues with greater speed and accuracy.
- pre-rendering explained
- Time to First Byte (TTFB)
- Hot Module Replacement
- Fast Refresh in Next.js
- Zeit is now Vercel
- Nuxt.js with Vue
- Static Web Apps
- Static Web Apps for VS Code
- Which service? Netlify vs Vercel vs Azure Static Web App
- GitHub Repo with 30+ examples of web frameworks
- 01:37:00 Guest introduction
- 02:17:00 What is Next.js and what is Vercel?
- 05:09:00 What does Next.js allow you to do?
- 18:07:10 Sponsor: Raygun
- 18:38:19 What is the relationship between Vercel and Next?
- 29:25:00 Getting started with Vercel
- 37:04:08 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 38:13:07 When should you use Vercel?
- 47:41:08 What does Vercel run on?
- 53:09:00 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.