Matteo Collina returns to the show to talk about Fastify. What is Fastify? Why should you use Fastify instead of Express? What is Pino and why? What's the best way to get started with Fastify?
John Papa @John_Papa
Ward Bell @WardBell
Dan Wahlin @DanWahlin
Craig Shoemaker @craigshoemaker
Matteo Collina @MatteoCollina
Brought to you by
Visit nx.dev to get the preeminent open-source toolkit for monorepo development, today.
- Elon Musk and the red satin shorts
- Moving Fastify to Azure Pipelines with Matteo Collina and Damian Brady
- Fastify ecosystem
- Fastify on InfoQ
- Fastify and Validation of Data
- Fluent Schema
- Article on "Forget Express"
- Reddit thread on fustily and express performance
- Npm trends showing express vs fustily vs testify usage
- Monkey patch definition
- What is middleware
- Fastify Hooks
- Routing in Fastify
- Find My Way
- Clint Eastwood "Get Off My Lawn" GIFs
- Pino logger in GitHub
- Express Contributors
- Video: What happens when you fold paper more than 7 times
- Node.js docs on Stream
- Sonic Boom
- Fastify to Express
- Fastify Workflows
- 03:16 Guest introduction
- 06:42 What is Fastify?
- 15:12 Why should I use Fastify instead of Express?
- 18:40 Sponsor: Nrwl
- 19:14 The middleware concept is wrong
- 26:45 Ward the Curmudgeon on taking a bet on Fastify
- 35:42 Sponsor: Ag Grid
- 37:00 What is Pino and why?
- 46:38 What's the best way to get started with Fastify?
- 49:21 Final thoughts
Podcast editing on this episode done by Chris Enns of Lemon Productions.