This is a simple error with a simple solution, one which I run into every once in a while since I am always moving projects around on my computer. Just in case you run into it, here its the issue:
- Enterprise Library 1.1
- Using Configuration Tool
- .NET Project has been moved from one folder to another
- Using the Encryption Settings to encrypt the config
- When opening the Enterprise Library 1.1 Configuration Tool and opening the app.config (or web.config) of a project, you receive the error:
- Could not find part of the path: “c:\somewhere on your computer\mycrypto.key”
- The app.config file is still pointing to the original location of the crypto key file.
- However, you can’t change the location in the app.config file using the Ent Lib Configuration tool because of this error. Don;t you just love circular issues?
- <grin> Don’t move your projects on your computer </grin>
- No, seriously …all you have to do is edit the app.config file manually in some text or xml editor of your choice and re-point it to the correct crypto key file location. Once you do that, you can open and edit your project in the Enterprise Library Configuration tool just fine.