Thanks to all of you, last week we flew past 1,000,000 views of Silverlight TV! We’re not stopping here, we have a ton in store for the second half of the year. But first, a quick thank you to all of you for tuning in and for all of our great guests who have brought their A-game to the show and helped make Silverlight TV the * most popular Silverlight show on the internet ;-)
* disclaimer: I have totally not researched that ;-)
Now back to this week’s episode … which Adam looks very excited about!
There has been a lot of buzz about behaviors in Blend. What can they do? Why use them? What exactly are they? In this episode of Silverlight TV Adam Kinney demonstrates how to take advantage of behaviors in Expression Blend 4. He creates several demonstrations using the new DataStore and conditional behavior features in concert with several new behaviors including ChangePropertyAction, ControlStoryBoardAction, SetDataStoreValueAction, and a custom Mouse3DBehavior. Adam also shows how to create a custom behavior using code. Don't miss this episode as Adam discusses how behaviors can make the UI developer's job much easier.
- John's Blog and on Twitter (@john_papa)
- Adam's Blog and on Twitter (@adkinn)
- Get Expression Blend 4 RC trial
- .toolbox web site
Key links for Silverlight TV
Watch shows and catch the latest news in our Silverlight TV blog
Follow @SilverlightTV on Twitter for updates, alerts for new shows, and to submit comments and feedback.
If you have not watched the previous episodes of Silverlight TV, you can catch them here.
- SL TV 29: Learning Silverlight and Blend with .toolbox
- SL TV 28: WCRF RIA Services v1.0 Launch!
- SL TV 27: Silverlight 4 Tools for Visual Studio 2010 Launch: New Designer Capabilities
- SL TV 26: Exposing SOAP, OData, and JSON Endpoints for RIA Services
- SL TV 25: No More Boxes! Exploring the PathListBox
- SL TV 24: eBay’s Silverlight 4 Simple Lister Application
- SL TV 23: MVP Q&A with Wildermuth, Wahlin, and Bell
- SL TV 22: Tim Heuer on Extending the Silverlight Media Framework
- SL TV 21: Silverlight 4 - Customer Perspectives
- SL TV 20: Community Driven Development with WCF RIA Services
- SL TV 19: Hidden Gems from MIX10, UFC's Multi-Touch App
- SL TV 18: WCF RIA Services Validation
- SL TV 17: Build a Twitter Client for WP7 with Silverlight
- SL TV 16: Top Features in Silverlight 4
- SL TV 15: Announcing Silverlight 4 RC at MIX10
- SL TV 14: Developing Windows 7 Phone with Silverlight
- SL TV 13: MVVM Light Toolkit
- SL TV 12: The Best Blend 3 Video Ever!
- SL TV 11: Dynamically Loading XAPs with MEF
- SL TV 10: Silverlight Hyper Video Platform
- SL TV 9: MIX 10K Challenge
- SL TV 8: Silverlight Client for Facebook
- SL TV 7: When and Where to use MEF
- SL TV 6: Creating Customer Pre-Loaders
- SL TV 5: Using Metadata with MEF
- SL TV 4: 3 Steps to MEF – Export, Import, Compose
- SL TV 3: Multi-Touch 101 with Silverlight
- SL TV 2: Perspectives on Flash and Silverlight
- SL TV 1: The Joys of Trusted Out-of-Browser Applications in Silverlight 4